The most straightforward method to tell is to look for wet places on the skin as well as patches of greenish-blue, black, or white mold. There is a possibility that the fruit has gone rotten even if the outside appears to be in good condition. The meat should be thrown out if it has visible black stains or is coated with anything slimy or slimy-looking.
How do you know when watermelon is ripe?
- Unless the fruit is moldy or has other similar stains on it, it is not safe to consume.
- The stench of rotting watermelon is another indication that it has gone sour.
- Watermelons have a naturally sweet and fresh scent, which is especially noticeable when they are ripe.
- Whenever a fruit emits a sour, acidic, or even offensive odor, throw it away immediately!
- The flesh of the watermelon should also be bright and colorful.
How can you tell if a melon is bad?
Dark-colored or moldy areas on the melon, which will seem fuzzy and be black, white, or green in color, indicating that the melon isn’t in peak condition. If everything appears to be in order, place your nose near to the rind and inhale deeply to detect a delicious, fresh aroma.
How can you tell if a watermelon is safe to eat?
Inside, look for a rich pink or crimson color. The presence of these hues indicates that the watermelon is in good health. If your watermelon is a different color from the others (for example, black), do not eat it. Individual watermelon types have a variety of interior shapes and looks.