- 1 How tall is 60 inches in human height?
- 2 Is 5 ft 4 tall?
- 3 How deep is 60 cm?
- 4 How many cm is 5f?
- 5 Is 12 inch 1 foot?
- 6 Why is a foot not 10 inches?
- 7 Is 1 foot longer than 14 inches?
- 8 Is 146 cm tall?
- 9 Is 4 11 short for a 12 year old boy?
- 10 How many inches is a 5 7 person?
How tall is 60 inches in human height?
Human Height Conversion Table
Is 5 feet 60 inches?
Answer: 5 feet is equal to 60 inches One feet is equal to 12 inches.
What is 60 inches in feet?
That is 12 inches is equal to 1 feet. That is 60 inches is equal to 5 feet.
Is 60 inches bigger than 4 feet?
How Many Feet Is 60 Inches? – 60 inches is equal to 5 feet.1 inch is equivalent to 0.083333333 feet, so 60 inches would be equal to 5 feet (60 x 0.083333333 = 5). To convert a number of inches into feet, simply multiply the number of inches by 0.083333333.
Is 4 feet 8 inches short?
For Kids, How Short Is Too Short? > News > Yale Medicine Big decisions to make if your child may grow up small. No parent likes to see a child in pain, whether physical or psychological. For parents of children diagnosed with short stature, the biggest concern is the emotional toll on their loved ones. According to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, short stature means an estimated final height below 5 feet 3 inches for boys or 4 feet 11 inches for girls. The average height in the United States is 5 feet 8 inches for men and 5 feet 4 inches for women. While no two children are affected the same way, children who are shorter than peers may be exposed to name-calling and excluded from social groups. One huge downside is that we don’t have long-term data, beyond 30 years, about its (hormone treatment’s) effects on people. Anisha Patel, DO “The common complaints I hear are about kids picking on them at school—bullying them about their height—or about how sports are difficult because there’s an obvious height difference,” says, a Yale Medicine pediatric endocrinologist who works with kids who have been diagnosed with short stature. “Though sometimes it can come at home, where a younger sibling is taller, or is the same height.” Sometimes a child is perfectly comfortable with his or her height. When she sees patients, Dr. Patel makes sure to ask the child if height is a concern or something that has been on the child’s mind. “If they’re well adjusted and don’t care about their height, I may not even end up seeing them again,” she says, “since they’re less likely to seek treatment than someone who’s extremely depressed and becomes introverted because of height concerns.” Because growth can be forecast based on the heights of a child’s parents, when a child falls off his projected trajectory and is found to have short stature, a doctor will try to determine what else may be at play. can include medical reasons, genetics (many genes are involved in height) or constitutional delay, which describes children who are often referred to as “late bloomers.” Puberty normally begins at about 10 for girls and 11 for boys and generally is complete by the time a child is 16. But for some children, it starts later. “Constitutional delay basically means that you’re 14 years old, but your bones are maybe around 11,” Dr. Patel says, adding that an X-ray of the left hand, called a bone age, can help determine the age of one’s bones. “So even though your peers are going through all the pubertal changes, you’re not. You are going to get there, but you’re going to get there a few years later.” Anisa Patel, DO, advises many parents to wait rather than quickly seek treatment Dr. Patel sees a lot of patients with constitutional delay. One option, she says, is to wait it out. But for children who may be feeling the brunt of bullying, she sometimes recommends treatment with a low dose of testosterone, which can help to induce and growth, a bit earlier. For children whose short stature has an underlying medical reason, the course of treatment may lead to a tough choice for families: Should the child take ? These hormones stimulate growth, cell reproduction and cell regeneration. Growth hormones are relatively new for treating short stature, so one of the main considerations for families is what it will do to the child’s body beyond potentially encouraging growth. “One huge downside is that we don’t have long-term data, beyond 30 years, about its effects on people,” says Dr. Patel, who is also an assistant professor of pediatrics at Yale School of Medicine. Another important factor in the decision is the treatment application, which involves a daily injection and regular doctor visits to monitor the body’s reaction. If, after a trial period of up to one year, the treatment seems to be having an effect on growth, the treatment may continue through the end of puberty, meaning that a child may need daily injections for several years. Then there is the cost. The price of growth hormone treatment can vary, but it is expensive, potentially costing tens of thousands of dollars per year and requiring prolonged negotiations with an insurance provider. “It is a huge thing,” Dr. Patel says. “And on top of everything, the family may have to deal with a lot of appeals and just being persistent with the insurance company to get approvals for treatment.” It is a lot to weigh, particularly because a child who undergoes growth hormone treatment may not grow to a desired height, depending on the cause. For idiopathic short stature (meaning there is no underlying cause), three to four years of treatment may result in a height increase of just 2 to 4 inches. That may still be important to a family. Indeed, Dr. Patel says she sees some children who are not even diagnosed with short stature. “I’ve had to turn down patients because they just want to improve their final height,” she says. “If you’re predicted to be 5 feet 8 inches, which is the male average for the country, but you want to be 5 feet 10 inches, then aside from it not being the approved use for growth hormones, the benefit is not worth the risks.” Societal beliefs about height can play a role for some in deciding on treatment. Bullying aside, many parents may be thinking about the child’s future when considering treatments to improve final height. Will being short affect their child’s earning potential, romantic opportunities or overall happiness? Many studies and polls find various and opposing opinions on those outcomes. For people of any height, quality of life often comes down to self-esteem. In the end, emotional support may be the best thing a parent can provide, whether or not the child ends up getting treatment. To learn more about how we handle concerns about short stature,, : For Kids, How Short Is Too Short? > News > Yale Medicine
Is 5 ft 4 tall?
The average height for women in the United States is about 5 foot 4 inches (or about 63.7 inches) tall. The average height has increased over time. As of 2016, the average height for American women 20 years old and up is just under 5 foot 4 inches (about 63.7 inches) tall.
- The average weight is 170.6 pounds.
- Body size and shape have changed over the years.
- Back in the 1960s, the average woman between 20 to 74 years old stood 63.1 inches tall and weighed approximately 140.2 pounds.
- Height is increasing at a slower rate than weight is increasing.
- Read on to learn why this is happening and what you can do to keep yourself in the healthy range.
Did you know? The average height for an American man 20 years old and up is just over 5 foot 9 inches (about 69.1 inches) tall. The average weight is 197.9 pounds. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the average height has increased only very slightly since the 1960s.
- On the other hand, weight has increased significantly in the last 60 years.
- Research from 2016 shows that potential height is related to the quality of nutrition in infancy and childhood.
- This study even links a population’s height to its standard of living.
- So why is growth for Americans slowing down? Some say it indicates issues with access to food or maybe choosing lower quality foods that don’t have enough nutrients,
In an interview with National Public Radio, Majid Ezzati, the chair of Global Environmental Health at Imperial College London, suggests that the immigration of people from countries with shorter stature may also have some impact on the average. Growth rates haven’t slowed in all parts of the world.
In fact, some countries, such as South Korea, are experiencing quite a growth spurt. According to research, women in South Korea have gained an average of just under eight inches over the past century. As of 1996, Guatemala had the lowest average height for women at 58.8 inches, or just under 4 feet 11 inches.
It’s followed closely by the Philippines, Bangladesh, and Nepal, where women’s heights averaged around 59.4 inches. The tallest women, on the other hand, can be found in Latvia, the Netherlands, Estonia, and the Czech Republic. In these countries, the average height was just over 66 inches, or around 5 feet 6 inches.
Underweight: anything under 18.5 Healthy: anything between 18.5 and 24.9 Overweight: anything between 25 and 29.9 Obese: anything above 30
BMI is a good guideline, but it isn’t always accurate for all people and should not be your only measure of health. One limitation of BMI is that it doesn’t consider where fat is stored on the body. Women who engage in high amounts of physical activity, like athletes, may weigh more due to higher muscle mass and may have an overestimated BMI.
- Older women tend to store more body fat than younger women and may have an underestimated BMI based on the standard formula.
- If you’re concerned about your weight or BMI, consider making an appointment with your doctor to discuss the full picture of your health.
- Diet is one reason American women have gained more pounds than inches.
The availability of processed foods and fast food has increased over time, and losing weight can be an exercise in moderation. If you’ve tried losing weight without success in the past, don’t give up. Talk to your doctor about creating a weight loss plan that will fit into your lifestyle.
How deep is 60 cm?
Solution. Thus, 60 cm equals 23.62 inches.
How many cm is 5f?
Feet to Centimeters (ft to cm) Conversion
|Feet + Inches||Ft + In||Centimetres|
|5 feet 0 inches||5′ 0″||152.40 cm|
|5 feet 1 inches||5′ 1″||154.94 cm|
|5 feet 2 inches||5′ 2″||157.48 cm|
|5 feet 3 inches||5′ 3″||160.02 cm|
What inch is 7 feet?
Answer: There are 84 inches in 7 feet.
Is 1 inch 12 feet?
Frequently Asked Questions on Inches to Feet – A yard is a unit of length in both US Customary and British Imperial Systems of Measurement. It is equivalent to 3 feet or 36 inches. Its symbol is yd. It is often used to measure the length of medium-sized objects.
- For example, furniture, football fields, etc.
- How do you convert inches to yards? An inch is a unit of linear length measure equal to $\frac $ of a foot or $\frac $ of a yard.
- To convert an inch measurement to a yard measurement, we need to divide the length by the conversion ratio.
- Since one yard is equal to 36 inches, you can use this simple formula to convert yard to inches.
$yards = inches\div 36$ Unlike units in the SI system, the inch is not usually divided into units of ten, it is commonly divided into units of powers of two. Each inch is divided into 16 lines, meaning that the space between each line is $\frac $ inch long. What is the relationship between square feet and square inches? 1 square inch $= \frac $ square feet.1 square foot $= 144$ square inches.For example: The area of the room is 1728 square inches, its area in square feet will be $\frac = 12$ square feet.
Is 12 inch 1 foot?
Answer and Explanation: One foot equals 12 inches. You can convert inches to feet because both inches and feet measure the same thing – length.
Why are feet 12 inches?
The History of Measurement Before we had standardized units of measurement like inches, feet, yards or metric units, people from ancient times used parts of their bodies to measure things. We always have our bodies with us as a ready reference, but people come in different sizes, so it wasn’t a very accurate system! Here is what our units were based on:
The measurement we use today called “foot” is 12 inches long and was actually the length of King Henry I’s foot. The inch was the length of 3 grains of barley end-to-end or the width of a man’s thumb. The length between someone’s outstretched arms was called a fathom A cubit was the distance between your elbow and the tip of your middle finger. A yard today is 36 inches. Long ago, it was the distance between your nose and your thumb when your arm is stretched out.
Teacher Catherine Pray-Bollmann asked her 1st-3rd grade students to measure items around the house using their body parts to estimate the number of inches, feet, yards, cubit or fathoms. Click to see her video. How many
fathoms wide is your front yard? feet long is your couch? cubits long is the dinner table? inches long is your pet?
: The History of Measurement
Why is a foot not 10 inches?
What is it about the number 12? Why did 12 inches make one foot? Why do 12 of anything make a dozen? Why are there 12 western horoscope lunar months and 12 year cycles in chinese horoscopes | Notes and Queries | guardian.co.uk What is it about the number 12? Why did 12 inches make one foot? Why do 12 of anything make a dozen? Why are there 12 western horoscope lunar months and 12 year cycles in chinese horoscopes Keith, Melbourne Australia
- Ancient civilizations – for example, Sumeria – had measuring systems based on the number 60. I believe the strict term for such a system is a sexegesimal one.12 being a factor of twelve (the most basic one, in fact) inevitably led to the primacy of that number in most matters of everyday life.
- Robert del Valle, Detroit, USA
- In a time without pocket calculators, it was much easier to divide 12 (by 2, 3, 4, 6) rather than 10. Another explanation might come from cabbalist thought: 3 as the symbol of divine perfection and 4 as the symbol of the world multiplied makes 12.
- R. Wittig, Freiberg, Germany
- A foot was a Roman measure – the length of a foot, so they tell me. In French, ‘puce’ means a thumb.It also means an inch. Twelve thumbs, from tip to first joint, are the same length as your foot.
- William Duxbury, Grandvaux, Switzerland
- While we are on the merits of base twelve and the Sumerians if you have a full set of fingers and thumbs you can count up to 144 on your fingers! Which is what the Sumerians did. Use the thumb of the left hand to count the joints of your fingers in sequence. When you get to the last joint of your little finger you have reached twelve. Then carry one by touching your right thumb on the tip of your little finger. Count through the joints again on your left hand when you reach twelve carry one and move your thumb down a joint 2 x 12 = 24, when you reach the last joint of your little finger you have 36 and first joint of third finger is 48 and so on. The big trouble with counting in twelves with feet and inches etc or pre decimal money was trying to express it using base 10 nomenclature. If in the middle ages when the zero was invented a numeral for 10 and 11 had been invented as well one zero would have been twelve and we would not have been stuck with the clumsy decimal system where you can only divide your base by two or five without ending up with fractions.
- G Baker, S. Ockendon UK
- Herr Wittig was quite correct about division of 12 being easier than dividing 10, but his statement about the lack of a calculator is not correct as the Romans had a ‘Pocket Calculator” of their own and dated from the first century AD. One example is the reproduction at http://www.hh.schule.de/metalltechnik-didaktik/users/luetjens/abakus/rom-abakus-en.htm The Roman abacus had two very significant features. First, it treated integers on the abacus as a decimally based place value system where the columns went up in ones, tens, hundreds, thousands, ten-thousands, hundred-thousands and millions. For ease, ease column did not have nine counters, but was divided into two parts, the lower with 4 counters and the upper with a single counter representing 5 of that column’s value. Thus Roman numeral could be transferred to the abacus, calculations performed and the result transferred back into Roman numerals. Although the Roman numeral system had no symbol for zero, the idea of zero was implicit in the abacus by no counters in the counted position in a column. The second feature was that two columns were used to count fractions and these were in twelfths. I think it obvious that the idea of using twelfths must have pre-dated the abacus which allowed representation of fractions in twelfths.
- Ray Greaves, Leighton Buzzard England
- If I wasn’t confused before, I certainly am now thanks to the previous 5 answers.
- Gerry Lawless, Strawbery Hill, UK
: What is it about the number 12? Why did 12 inches make one foot? Why do 12 of anything make a dozen? Why are there 12 western horoscope lunar months and 12 year cycles in chinese horoscopes | Notes and Queries | guardian.co.uk
Is 1 foot longer than 14 inches?
1 foot equals 12 inches because 1×12=12.
Is 170 cm tall for a man?
170 cm converts to about 67 inches or 5 feet 7 inches. The average male adult height is about 5 feet 6 inches.
Can I get taller at 17?
For Most, Height Won’t Increase After Age 18 – Even with a healthy diet, most people’s height won’t increase after age 18 to 20. The graph below shows the rate of growth from birth to age 20. As you can see, the growth lines fall to zero between ages 18 and 20 ( 7, 8 ).
The reason why your height stops increasing is your bones, specifically your growth plates. The growth plates, or epiphyseal plates, are areas of specialized cartilage near the end of your long bones. Increases in height are primarily due to the lengthening of your long bones, as the growth plates are still active or “open.” Near the end of puberty, hormonal changes cause the growth plates to harden or “close” and the lengthening of bones to stop ( 9 ).
Growth plates close around age 16 in women and somewhere between ages 14 and 19 in men ( 10 ). Even though true growth of the long bones won’t occur in most adults, some slight daily variations in height are typical. The cause of this variation throughout the day is the slight compression of the discs in your spine ( 11, 12 ).
- Daily activities impact the cartilage and fluid in your spine and cause slight reductions in height as the day progresses ( 11, 12, 13 ).
- This loss of height during the day may be up to about half an inch (1.5 cm) ( 14, 15, 16 ).
- Some research has indicated that the height of the discs in your spine may continue to increase through young adulthood, but the impact on overall height is minimal ( 17 ).
Summary: For most people, height will not increase after age 18 to 20 due to the closure of the growth plates in bones. Compression and decompression of the discs in your spine lead to small changes in height throughout the day.
Is 146 cm tall?
146 Centimeter = 4.790026254 Foot.
Is 4 11 short for a 12 year old boy?
How Tall Should a 12-Year-Old Be? – We can only speak to national average heights here in North America, whereby a 12-year-old girl would be between 137 cm to 162 cm tall (4-1/2 to 5-1/3 feet). A 12-year-old boy should be between 137 cm to 160 cm tall (4-1/2 to 5-1/4 feet).
How tall is 62 inches in human height?
We found that 62 inches is equal to 5.167 feet.
How many inches is a 5 7 person?
what is 5’7″ inches in cm? Hi, This is my height also, I am 5’7″tall. The conversion factor I remember is that there are 2.54 centimeters in 1 inch, so first I would change the feet to inches.5 12 = 60 so 5’7″ = 67″. Let’s make an estimate first and then do the calculations exactly.
From above 1 inch is approximatelt 2.5 cm so 4 inches is approximately 4 2.5 = 10 cm. So every 4 inches of my height is approximately 10 cm.67 4 is approximately 17 so I am approximately 17 10 = 170 cm tall. Now let’s do the calculations exactly.5’7″ is 67″ and each inch is 2.54 cm, so 5’7″ is 67 2.54 = 170.18 cm Wow! My approximations are not usually so close to the correct answer.
Harley : what is 5’7″ inches in cm?
How tall is 59 inches in human height?
Answer and Explanation: In measuring length in the customary system, 59 inches is the equivalent of 4 feet and 11 inches. As a decimal, this can be rounded to 4.9 feet.
What is 60cm long?
Solution. Thus, 60 cm equals 23.62 inches.