How to Cancel Hulu on the Web – The easiest way to cancel a Hulu subscription is through the Hulu website:
- Go to Hulu.com in any web browser and select Log in in the top-right corner.
- Log in to your account and select your name in the top right corner.
- Select Account.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen and select Cancel,
- Select Continue to Cancel, Hulu will also offer to suspend your subscription temporarily and not charge you.
Hulu works hard to keep you an active subscriber, so it will provide additional offers to keep you around. If you still want to cancel, select No, Cancel Subscription, and your Hulu subscription will end. You’ll maintain access to Hulu through the end of the billing period for which you’ve already paid. Lifewire / Daniel Fishel
- 0.1 Why is there no option to cancel Hulu?
- 0.2 Can I cancel Hulu after free trial?
- 0.3 Does Cancelling Hulu cancel immediately?
- 0.4 Can you cancel subscription app Store?
- 1 How do I cancel Hulu on PayPal?
- 2 Why can’t I manage my subscription on Hulu?
- 3 Why is Hulu unavailable?
- 4 Can Hulu be Cancelled after free trial?
Why is there no option to cancel Hulu?
Step 1: Log In – You won’t be able to cancel without logging in first! Don’t be fooled by Hulu’s free offerings – if you don’t see your name in the upper-right corner, then you’re not logged in yet. Click on “LOG IN” and fill out your information. If you’ve forgotten your password, you’ll be able to recover it through email.
Can you cancel Hulu anytime?
2. SUBSCRIPTION TERMS – a. Service Tier and Other Offerings. When purchasing your subscription to the Services, you may be presented with different plans or options (each a “Service Tier”). Different Service Tiers or other offerings, such as Add-ons, Live TV, or the Disney Bundle (as defined below), may be subject to differences in pricing, usage rules, eligibility, restrictions, features, and device availability.b.
Subscription Billing and Auto-Renewal. Your subscription to the Services includes enrollment into an ongoing/recurring payment plan. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of the disclosed billing period, unless cancelled in accordance with the instructions for cancellation below. Payment will be charged to your chosen payment method at confirmation of purchase and at the start of every new billing period, unless cancelled.
When you provide a payment method, we will attempt to verify the information you entered by processing an authorization hold. We do not charge you in connection with this authorization hold, but your available balance or credit limit may be reduced. Your “billing period” is the interval of time between each recurring billing date and corresponds to the term of your subscription.
For purposes of this Agreement, a “day” or “date” begins at 12:00 a.m. Eastern time and ends at 11:59 p.m. Eastern time of that same calendar day. Where applicable, charges for one or more Services may be prorated for any partial month of service. To see your next recurring billing date, log in to your account and view your account details.
You acknowledge that the timing of when you are billed may vary, including if your subscription began on a day not contained in a given month (e.g. if you have a monthly subscription and became a paying subscriber on January 31, your payment method would be billed next on February 28), due to free trials and other promotional offers, gift card redemptions, credits applied, or changes in your subscription or payment method.
We may also offer you the ability to pause your subscription for a specified period of time. If you do not cancel before the end of the pause period, billing will resume automatically. We reserve the right to change our pricing. In the event of a price change, we will attempt to notify you in advance of the change by sending an email to the email address you have registered for your account.
If you do not wish to accept a price change, you may cancel your subscription in accordance with the instructions included in that email and below. If you do not timely cancel your subscription, your subscription will be renewed at the price in effect at the time of the renewal, without any additional action by you, and you authorize us to charge your payment method for these amounts.
- We will not be able to notify you of any changes in applicable taxes.
- You are responsible for all third-party Internet access charges and taxes in connection with your use of the Services.
- Please check with your Internet provider for information on possible Internet data usage charges.c.
- Free Trials and Promotions.
Your subscription to the Services may begin with a free trial. Availability of a free trial is not guaranteed and, if one is available, is only available on the specified terms of the free trial. Eligibility for free trials may vary based on factors including the Service Tier selected, how recently you redeemed a free trial, and whether the Service Tier is part of a combined offering.
Certain limitations may also exist with respect to combining free trials with any other offers. Your first payment will be charged to your chosen payment method immediately following the free trial, unless cancelled in accordance with the instructions for cancellation below. You can cancel your subscription at any time before the end of your free trial.
We provide notice of the terms of the free trial at the time you register and you will not receive a separate notice that your free trial is about to end or has ended, or that your paid subscription has begun, unless required by law in particular jurisdictions or instances.
- We may also offer, in our sole discretion, promotions (e.g., a promotional price, bundled subscription, device-specific offer or gift card) subject to promotional terms disclosed during your sign-up or in other materials provided to you.
- We will begin billing the same payment method we otherwise have on-file for your subscription at the then-current, non-promotional price after your promotion ends unless you cancel prior to the end of your promotion or unless otherwise disclosed.d.
Hulu Gift Cards. We may make available gift cards redeemable for an eligible Service. Gift cards may not be used in conjunction with, or in addition to, any special offer unless the terms of the special offer expressly indicate otherwise. The purchase and redemption of Hulu gift cards are subject to the Hulu Gift Card Terms and Conditions, which you can review at http://hulu.com/start/gifting_terms e.
- Cancellation and Refund Policy.
- You can cancel your subscription at any time before the end of the current billing period, free trial or promotion.
- Cancellation will take effect at the end of the current billing period unless otherwise disclosed.
- If you cancel, you will continue to have access to the Service through the end of your current billing period, unless you are subscribed through a free trial, promotional code or other credit, in which case cancellation may be effective immediately.
If you modify your subscription to switch from one Service to another Service during your billing period, you may not have continued access to your original Service. You must cancel your subscription prior to 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on the day before your next recurring billing date in order to avoid being charged for the next billing period.
- We do not refund or credit for partially used billing periods, although we may provide such refunds or credits on a case-by-case basis in our sole and absolute discretion.
- If you cancel, including if you switch your billing to a third-party, you will forfeit any service, referral, or redeemed gift card credits.
To cancel your subscription to the Services, log into your Hulu account and follow the instructions on your account page. If you subscribed via a third party (e.g. iTunes, Google Play, Amazon, or Roku), please visit our Help Center at help.hulu.com for instructions on how to cancel.f.
- Payment Details.
- We will keep your detailed payment information, such as credit card number and expiry date, on file.
- In the event your account or subscriptions are configured so that you receive separate bills relating to the Disney Bundle, we may consolidate such bills to reduce the number of separate charges you receive.
We may share your payment information within The Walt Disney Company (e.g., Disney+, ESPN+, Marvel, Pixar, etc.), if you have consented to such sharing. You are responsible for keeping your payment details up-to-date by changing the details in your account settings.
Where your details change or are due to expire, we may obtain or receive from your payment provider updated payment details including your card number, expiry date and 0/V (or equivalent). This enables us to continue to provide you access to the Services. You authorize us to continue to charge your card using the updated information.
In the event of a failed attempt to charge to your payment method (e.g. if your payment method has expired), we reserve the right to retry billing your payment method. If a payment is not successfully authorized due to expiration, insufficient funds, or otherwise, we may suspend or terminate your subscription.
You will remain responsible for any amounts you fail to pay in connection with your subscription, including collection costs, bank overdraft fees, collection agency fees, reasonable attorneys’ fees, and arbitration or court costs. You also agree that we may charge your payment method on file if you decide to restart your Hulu subscription.g.
Subscriptions Obtained Through Third Parties. If you obtain a Hulu subscription via a third party (e.g., an app store), that subscription is also subject to the third party’s terms, and the provisions in this Agreement concerning subscription purchase, billing, cancellation/refunds, and payment do not apply to that subscription to the extent this Agreement conflicts with the applicable third party’s terms regarding subscription purchase, billing, cancellation/refunds and payments.
- For subscriptions obtained via a third party, your billing relationship will be directly with the applicable third party.
- Any fees charged for your subscription to the Services will be billed by the applicable third party using the payment information you have provided to such third party.
- To cancel a subscription to the Services obtained via a third party, please follow the cancellation instructions set out by the applicable third party.
You can visit our Help Center for instructions on how to cancel a subscription to the Services obtained via a third party.h. Bundled Subscription Options. We may offer a Hulu subscription bundled with other subscription services, including subscriptions to third-party products and services, e.g., a wireless plan.
This promotional offer may be modified or terminated at any time. Your subscription to the Disney Bundle may be subject to certain terms and conditions disclosed to you at the time of purchase. The Disney Bundle is only available in the United States. By purchasing the Disney Bundle through Hulu and agreeing to this Agreement, you also agree to the Disney+ Subscriber Agreement, which is incorporated by reference and govern your use of the Disney+ and/or ESPN+ service(s) you select and can be found at www.disneyplus.com/legal/subscriber-agreement,j.
- Pay Per View Events.
- We may also offer one-time pay per view events not otherwise included within your subscription.
- You will be charged for pay per view events at the time of purchase to your chosen payment method.k.
- Service Tiers With or Without Ads.
- We offer different Hulu Service Tiers, some with advertisements and some without.
Service Tiers that are “without ads” are free of commercial interruptions. However, such Service Tiers may still contain limited promotional content, such as brief clips about other content available on any service associated with the Disney Bundle, and branded content or sponsorship messaging.
- In addition, Service Tiers without ads may offer live Content (as defined below) or special events that contain traditional commercial breaks.
- If you subscribe to multiple Service Tiers, the terms of one Service Tier may not impact those of another Service Tier.
- For example, if you subscribe to both the Live TV Service Tier and another Service Tier featuring Content on-demand without advertisements, you will still see advertisements while streaming Content from the Live TV Service Tier.l.
Additional Content. From time to time, we may offer the opportunity to watch Content that is not included in your Service Tier. For example, subscribers to a Service Tier that is otherwise limited to on-demand streaming may be able to watch certain live Content.
We offer this additional Content on a promotional basis and retain sole discretion regarding the availability of the Content, eligibility to watch the Content, and requirements to access the Content.m. Linked Destinations and Advertising. If we provide links or pointers to other websites or destinations, you should not infer or assume that we operate, control, or are otherwise connected with these other websites or destinations.
When you click on a link within the Services, we will not warn you that you have left the Services and are subject to the terms and conditions (including privacy policies) of another website or destination. This Agreement does not govern your use of another website or destination.
- We are not responsible for the content or practices of any website or destination other than the Hulu site, even if it links to the Hulu site and even if the website or destination is operated by a company affiliated or otherwise connected with Hulu.
- By using the Services, you acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible or liable to you for any content or other materials hosted and served from any website or destination other than the Hulu site.n.
Third Party Ads and Services. We take no responsibility for and do not endorse any third-party advertisements or any third-party material posted where the Services are available, nor do we take any responsibility for the products or services provided by advertisers.
How long is Hulu free trial?
Does Hulu offer a 30-day free trial? – In short, yes! There are two options: sign up for the free 30-day free trial with Hulu ad-supported plan, or the Hulu no ads plan. Both options will give you full access to the huge streaming library of films and TV shows for 30 days. You can then either cancel before that trial time is over, or you’ll start paying for either Hulu option.
Can I cancel Hulu after free trial?
With Hulu, you can cancel at any time and easily renew your subscription if you choose to come back in the future. If you know that you’d just like to take a little break from TV, you may also have the option to pause your subscription for up to 12 weeks.
Does Cancelling Hulu cancel immediately?
Step 3: Select Cancel Subscription – Scroll down and click Cancel Subscription, You’ll be asked to confirm that you want to cancel, and once you do, your subscription will be canceled immediately. Once you’ve canceled your subscription, you’ll no longer have access to Hulu’s content or services. Click on the Cancel button next to Cancel Your Subscription towards the bottom of the page.
Does Hulu have a cancelation fee?
Hulu offers different subscription options to fit a variety of budgets and entertainment needs. There are no hidden costs, long-term commitments, or cancelation fees, and you’re able to switch plans and add-ons at any time.
Can you cancel subscription app Store?
Find and cancel your subscriptions on your Android – Unlike iOS, Android runs on devices from various brands, such as Samsung, Google and Motorola, but luckily all these versions of Android all have the Google Play Store, and so finding and canceling your monthly subscriptions is similar no matter what phone you’re using. To find all your subscriptions, launch the Play Store application, tap your profile picture or first name initial that appears on the top-right and go to Payments & subscriptions > Subscriptions, Here you’ll see a list of your active and inactive subscriptions. Each subscription will feature the date of your next payment. Nelson Aguilar/CNET If you want to cancel a subscription, tap it and then hit the green Cancel subscription button. The Play Store may ask you to consider other cheaper subscriptions and also to give a reason as to why you’re canceling. Skip through any prompts attempting to stop you from canceling. Nelson Aguilar/CNET
How do I cancel Hulu on PayPal?
In the PayPal app: –
Open your settings by clicking the wheel at the top of the app Select “Automatic Payments” Select the subscription you would like to cancel from the list of payments Select “Remove PayPal as your payment method” at the bottom of the page – you can also choose from various contact methods if you would rather contact the subscription biller directly Confirm the cancellation by selecting “Remove”
Click here to learn how to cancel subscriptions billed through services other than PayPal. Did this answer your question?
Can I cancel a subscription through my debit card?
Step 1: Call Your Debit Card Company – The first step is calling your debit card company. You’ll need to provide them with your name, address, and account number. After verifying your identity, they will put you through to a customer service representative who will then help you cancel the recurring payment.
How do I stop subscriptions from taking out my card?
Give your bank a “stop payment order” – Even if you have not revoked your authorization with the company, you can stop an automatic payment from being charged to your account by giving your bank a “stop payment order”, This instructs your bank to stop allowing the company to take payments from your account. Click here for a sample “stop payment order.”
Why can’t I manage my subscription on Hulu?
You can change your Hulu plan by signing into your account on a web browser.A Hulu plan cannot currently be changed through the streaming service’s mobile app.Making changes to your Hulu plan through the streamer’s site might not be possible if you have a third-party billing subscription. You may have to cancel your subscription with the third-party site and re-subscribe with Hulu directly to upgrade or downgrade your Hulu plan. This story is a part of Business Insider’s Guide to Hulu Tips and Tricks,
Whether you wish to upgrade your Hulu subscription for more features or downgrade for a lower price, changing your Hulu plan is generally possible with a few quick clicks. To change your current plan to one of the other available tiers, you’ll have to access the subscription section of your account details through a web browser.
Troubleshooting Hulu or Hulu with Live TV –
Check if Hulu is down. Sign out of Hulu on all devices and sign in again. Delete the Hulu app and re-download it from the app store and log in again. Check your internet download speed from the device you’re using (it should be at least 6 Mbps for Hulu and 8 Mbps for Hulu with Live TV.) Check your device for other apps or programs that may be experiencing a similar issue. If you’re finding that other apps are having trouble loading, it could be a poor connection and you’ll have the best luck contacting your internet service provider to resolve the issue. Disconnect your smartphone or Wi-Fi internet connection from the device you’re using, wait a couple minutes, and then reconnect. Reset your Wi-Fi modem. You may also have success by clearing the cache and data through your settings menu. Update the Hulu app. If you can also uninstall the Hulu app from your device and then reinstall it.
One of the best ways to check if Hulu is down for everyone is to check the Twitter support page. Hulu runs an active support page on that social media platform. Visit the page and check the current status and any notices about when the app/service might go live again.
Clear your browser’s cache. Delete and reinstall the Hulu app.
Troubleshooting or one of these solutions should get you back to watching This is Us or Rick and Morty, Digital Media Player Issue This issue generally means there is an issue on Hulu’s end, and it normally occurs when you’re watching Hulu on your digital media player, like a Roku or Xbox.
But we encourage you to try our troubleshooting steps just to be sure. If none of those steps work, unfortunately you’ll have to contact Hulu support or wait it out. Technology, amirite ? Playback Issue Since this error is a playback error, it usually means there is a problem with your streaming device or app.
Whether you’re watching it on your smartphone, Macbook, Apple TV, or PS5, try these steps:
Delete and reinstall the Hulu app. Restart your device. Restart your router.
If none of those work, or any of the troubleshooting steps, you’ll need to report the problem to Hulu and use another device in the meantime. Hulu and Hulu with Live TV error codes
|Error code||Known causes||Potential fix|
|Error 3 and 5||Internet connection issue||Restart your device, unplug your modem and router for one minute, reinstall Hulu app, update your device|
|Error 16||Invalid region issue||Must be in the US, turn off VPN or proxy if in the US|
|Error 0326, 2203, 3307, 3321, 3322, 3336, 3343||Protected content issues||Connect to an HDMI cable if using other type of cable, update browser or switch to another browser, refresh page|
|Error 400||Account issue||Check internet connection, reinstall Hulu app, remove device from account and add it back in (can only be done on hulu.com → account → manage devices)|
|Error 500||Server issue||Check internet connection, switch browsers|
|Error BYA-403-007||Playback of Hulu service issue||It’s a partial outage on Hulu if other videos work, check internet connection and update phone, wait for Hulu to fix problem|
|Error HDCP||Anti-piracy issue||Unplug HDMI cable and TV or streaming device then plug back in, try a different HDMI, try different TV or monitor|
Can Hulu be Cancelled after free trial?
But if you signed up for the free trial and no longer want to continue with the service, you can easily cancel your subscription.