Factory reset your Google Home Mini –
- On the bottom of your device, look for the factory reset button (a raised circle located just below the power cord) and press and hold this button.
- Continue to hold for about 15 seconds until you hear a chime, which confirms your Google Home mini is resetting.
- The process should take about 1–2 minutes.
- 1 Why won t my Google Mini factory reset?
- 2 What happens when you factory reset a Google Home?
- 3 Do I need to reset Google Home before selling?
- 4 Does factory reset always work?
- 5 Can you hard reset Google Home?
- 6 Why won t my Google Mini connect?
- 7 How do I reset my Google Home WIFI?
Why won t my Google Mini factory reset?
There are two ways to reset a Google Mini, depending on which version of the Mini you have. If you have a first generation Google Home Mini, you can reset it by holding the dedicated reset button on the bottom of the speaker. If you have the newer Google Nest Mini, mute the microphone and then hold down the center of the speaker until it resets. If you’ve tried resetting your Mini but it hasn’t worked, there’s a more time-consuming reset method: unplugging your Mini 11 times.
The Google Mini speakers — the first-generation Google Home Mini and second-generation Google Nest Mini — are charming, puck-shaped smart speakers. Their low price means you could likely populate every room in your house with one if you wanted to. But if you’re having trouble with your Google Mini — maybe it can’t connect to Wi-Fi, or won’t play music — or you’re going to give it away, then you might need to reset the Mini, which returns the speaker to its factory conditions.
- Resetting a Google Mini like this will wipe out all your personal and Google account information, as well as any settings you changed, so you can start over from scratch.
- There are two versions of the Google Mini, and the way you reset your speaker depends upon which model you have.
- To identify your Mini, flip it over.
If you see a slot for a wall-mounting screw, you have a second-generation Nest Mini. If not, then you have an older Home Mini.
What happens when you factory reset a Google Home?
A factory reset will reset your Google Nest or Home speaker or display to its default factory settings. Note: This action will clear your data from the device and can’t be undone. Google Home On the back of your device, press and hold the microphone mute button for about 15 seconds. Your Google Home will let you know that it’s resetting. Note : You can’t use your voice or the Google Home app to factory reset Google Home. Troubleshoot issues resetting Google Home Google Nest Mini (2nd gen) On the side of your device, switch the mic off. The lights will turn orange. Press and hold the center of the Nest Mini, where the lights are on top. After 5 seconds, your device will begin the factory reset process. Continue to hold for about 10 seconds more, until a sound confirms that the device is resetting. Google Home Mini (1st gen) On the bottom of Home Mini, press and hold the factory reset button located below the power cord. Look for a circle etched into the base. After 5 seconds, your device will begin the factory reset process. Continue to hold for about 10 seconds more, until a sound confirms that the device is resetting. Note : You can’t use your voice or the Google Home app to factory reset Google Home Mini. Troubleshoot issues resetting Google Home Mini Google Home Max On the back of Home Max, press and hold the factory reset button, located near the power cord, for about 12 seconds. Your Home Max will let you know that it’s resetting. Note : You can’t use your voice or the Google Home app to factory reset Google Home Max. Google Nest Audio On the back of your device, switch the mic off. The lights will turn orange. Press and hold the center of the Nest Audio, near the top. After 5 seconds, your device will begin the factory reset process. Continue to hold for about 10 seconds more, until a sound confirms that the device is resetting. Note : You can’t use your voice or the Google Home app to factory reset Nest Audio. Google Nest Hub (2nd gen) On the back of Nest Hub, press and hold both volume buttons together for about 10 seconds. Your Nest Hub will let you know that it’s resetting. Note : You can’t use your voice or the Google Home app to factory reset Nest Hub. Google Nest Hub On the back of Nest Hub, press and hold both volume buttons together for about 10 seconds. Your Nest Hub will let you know that it’s resetting. Note : You can’t use your voice or the Google Home app to factory reset Nest Hub. Google Nest Hub Max
Save any important footage from your device’s video history. Remove your Nest Hub Max from the Google Home app, On the back of Nest Hub Max, press and hold both volume buttons together for about 10 seconds. Your Nest Hub Max will let you know that it’s resetting.
Note : You can’t use your voice or the Google Home app to factory reset Nest Hub Max.
What to do when factory reset doesn t work?
Part 3. Factory Reset Android via Recovery Mode – There is another way to factory reset an android device i.e. via Recovery Mode. Every android device has a Recovery Mode that allows you to wipe data factory reset the device without booting it. Factory resetting the device via this method is beneficial when you cannot boot your device for some reason.
- Turn off your android device.
- After turning it off, wait for a few seconds then press and hold the Volume Up and Power buttons simultaneously.
- Don’t release the buttons until the android logo appears on the screen. Now you are in Recovery Mode.
- In Recovery Mode, use the volume buttons of the device to find and select the Wipe data/factory reset option.
- Confirm your action via the Power button. The factory reset process will begin.
Android wipe data factory reset is a great feature that can help you solve various issues that you may be encountering with your device. However, if it doesn’t work via both the Settings app and Android wipe data factory reset not working, then you will need to find a reliable way to reset your device. (Click to rate this post) Generally rated 5 ( 256 participated) Rated successfully! You have already rated this article, please do not repeat scoring! Home > Unlock Android > Solved: Android Wipe Data Factory Reset Not Working
How long does Google factory reset take?
Get ready to factory reset – Important: A factory reset erases all your data from your phone. If you’re resetting to fix an issue, we recommend first trying other solutions. Learn how to troubleshoot Android issues, Know Google Account username & password To restore your data after you reset your phone, you must enter security info.
- Be sure that you know a Google Account on the phone.
- Open your phone’s Settings app.
- Tap Accounts, If you don’t have the option to tap “Accounts,” get help from your device manufacturer,
- You’ll find a Google Account username.
- Be sure that you know the password for the Google Account on the phone. To confirm, sign in to that account on another device or computer. If you don’t remember the password, get sign-in help,
- If you’ve set a screen lock, be sure that you know your phone’s PIN, pattern, or password. If you can’t unlock your phone, learn what you can do,
Tip: If you recently reset your Google Account password, wait 24 hours before you perform a factory reset. Back up your data to your Google Account A factory data reset erases your data from the phone. While data stored in your Google Account can be restored, all apps and their data will be uninstalled.
- Charge your phone to at least 70%.
- Connect your phone to Wi-Fi or your mobile network. When the factory reset completes, you must be connected to sign in to your Google Account.
Why can’t I reset my Google Home?
How to Factory Reset a Google Home Mini – You can usually reset the device and restore it to just-out-of-the-box condition by holding down the factory data reset (FDR) button. A factory data reset erases all data stored on the device, including settings and any personal data. Performing a factory reset on Google Home takes under a minute when you follow these steps:
- The Google Home Mini has a dedicated FDR button on the bottom of the device. Look for it just below the power plug; you’ll notice a simple round circle. Reset your Google Home mini with a simple button. Lifewire
- Press the button down for about 12-15 seconds to reset the Google Home Mini.
- You’ll hear the Assistant confirm it is resetting the device.
- Release the button. Your device is now reset.
Do I need to reset Google Home before selling?
This action will clear your data and can’t be undone. A factory reset is a requirement, prior to sale on Swappa. From your Google Home, press and hold the microphone mute on the back of Google Home for about 15 seconds. You will hear your Google Assistant confirm that it is resetting Google Home.
Is it OK to do factory reset?
Answer. You shouldn’t have to regularly factory reset your phone. A factory reset will erase all the added data from your phone, and it can be a hassle to have to set your phone up again the way you like it. Over time, data and cache can build up in your phone, making a reset necessary.
Does factory reset always work?
What Are the Limitations of a Factory Reset? – Factory resets aren’t perfect. They don’t delete everything on the computer, The data will still exist on the hard drive. Such is the nature of hard drives that this type of erasure doesn’t mean getting rid of the data written to them, it just means the data can no longer be accessed by your system.
- As you begin to use th_e factory reset computer_ and add new data to storage, it will be written over the old data.
- Eventually, if you use the entire storage, all of the old data will be overwritten and will cease to exist.
- Factory resets, because of their simplicity, create a false sense of security.
You will feel like your data is securely deleted while it’s really still all there. If you really want to create high standards of security for your company and your information really is that important, it may help to get special software to perform complete data erasure, or use methods like degaussing (destroying the magnetic field on the hard disk completely to destroy all of its data) to render hard drives completely useless.
Is everything gone after factory reset?
Understand Why You Can Recover Data After Doing Factory Reset – It’s absolutely possible to recover data after factory reset Android. How? Because whenever you delete a file from your Android phone or your factory reset your Android phone, the data stored on your phone never gets permanently wiped out.
The data remains hidden in the storage space of your Android phone. Only the overwriting of the data can then result in the permanent deletion of the data. If you accidentally factory reset your Android phone or do so intentionally, there are still very high possibilities that you can successfully recover data after factory reset Android.
But to do so, you will need a powerful android data recovery tool that can scan your device and recover all the data after the factory reset your Android.
Can you hard reset Google Home?
Factory reset your Google Home Max –
- On the back of your device, press and hold the factory reset button, located near the power cord, for about 12–15 seconds.
- When you hear a chime, release the button while your device finishes the factory reset.
- Your Google Home Max will complete reset after 1–2 minutes.
Why won t my Google Mini connect?
How to reset your wireless router – Sometimes routers disconnect from devices after internet outages. To reset your router, unplug your router from its power source. Wait about 30 seconds for it to shut down completely, then plug it back in. Wait a few minutes, then try connecting your Google Home Mini to Wi-Fi.
How do I reset my Google Home WIFI?
Open the Google Home app. Tap Favorites or Devices. Touch and hold your device’s tile. Tap Settings Factory reset Wifi point Factory Reset.