Share your screen
- Start a FaceTime call.
- Tap the Share Content button.
- Tap Share My Screen.
- 1 Why can’t FaceTime share screen?
- 2 Why is my screen share not working?
- 3 Why wont my iPhone share my screen?
- 4 How do I share my iPhone screen with another iPhone?
- 5 How do I share play iOS 15 on FaceTime?
Ensure Sure SharePlay Is Enabled – SharePlay may cause issues if disabled. Fix FaceTime with SharePlay. Steps to activate SharePlay on an iPhone:
Restart your device or browser. Uninstall the app, then download and reinstall it. For macOS version 10.15 Catalina and higher, check your device’s privacy settings and make sure that Zoom has permission for screen recording.
Try these steps first – After each step, see if you still need help.
Make sure that your AirPlay-compatible devices are turned on and near each other. Check that the devices are updated to the latest software and are on the same Wi-Fi network. Restart the devices that you want to use with AirPlay or screen mirroring.
If you’re prompted to enter a password, you might have restrictions turned on, or you might need to adjust your AirPlay password settings,
3 Unable to Access Control Center – Another common reason comes from Access Control Center within Apps. You will notice it when trying to swipe up from the bottom of your device when using an app. That would mean the “Access Within Apps” option is turned off on your device.
B. LetsView – Want to know another free app that will help to mirror iPhone to iPhone. LetsView app will help you to easily share your screen and connect with other devices. Follow the simple steps to achieve your goal.
- Download the LetsView app on both sending and receiving devices.
- Open the iPhone Control Centre and select “Screen Mirroring.”
- After scanning devices, select your iPhone name.
- Connect it and enjoy sharing and streaming media files on the other device.
Page 3 – With SharePlay in the FaceTime app (iOS 15.1 or later), you can stream TV shows, movies, and music in sync with friends and family while on a FaceTime call together. Enjoy a real-time connection with others on the call—with synced playback and shared controls, you see and hear the same moments at the same time.
With smart volume, media audio is adjusted dynamically, so you can continue to chat while watching or listening. Note: Some apps that support SharePlay require a subscription. To watch a movie or TV show together, every participant needs to have access to the content on their own device, through either a subscription or purchase.
SharePlay may not support the sharing of some movies or TV shows across different countries or regions. FaceTime, some FaceTime features, and other Apple services may not be available in all countries or regions. You can watch movies and TV shows during a FaceTime call with your friends and family.
- Start a FaceTime call.
- , then open a video streaming app that supports SharePlay (for example, the Apple TV app ).
- Select a show or movie you want to watch, tap the Play button, then select Play for Everyone (if it appears) to begin watching with everyone on the call. (Others on the call may have to tap Join SharePlay to see the video.) For everyone on the call who has access to the content, the video starts playing at the same time. People who don’t have access are asked to get access (through a subscription, a transaction, or a free trial, if available).
Each person watching the content can use the playback controls to play, pause, rewind, or fast-forward. (Settings like closed captioning and volume are controlled separately by each person.) You can use to keep watching the video while using another app—order food, check your email, or jump into the Messages app and discuss the video by text when you want no interruptions to the sound of the movie or TV show.
- In the Apple TV app (or other supported video app), find a show or movie you want to share, then tap the item to see its details.
- Tap, then tap SharePlay.
- In the To field, enter the contacts you want to share with, then tap FaceTime.
- When the FaceTime call connects, tap Start or Play to begin using SharePlay. To begin viewing, recipients tap Open.
Note: If the content requires a subscription, people who aren’t subscribers can subscribe before watching. After the video starts playing, you can stream it to Apple TV. See, If you’ve already started on iPhone, you can send it to Apple TV to enjoy on the big screen. On iPhone, do one of the following:
- In the streaming app, tap, then choose Apple TV as the playback destination.
- , tap, then choose Apple TV as the playback destination.
The video plays in sync on Apple TV, and you can keep the conversation going on your iPhone. See in the Apple TV User Guide. Using SharePlay (iOS 15.1 or later), you can get together and listen to an album or favorite playlist with others on a FaceTime call.
- Start a Group FaceTime call.
- , then open a music streaming app that supports SharePlay (for example, the Music app ).
- Select the music you want to listen to, then tap the Play button to begin listening to the music together. (Others on the call may have to tap Join SharePlay to hear the music.) For everyone on the call who has access to the content, the music starts playing at the same time. People who don’t have access are asked to get access (through a subscription, a transaction, or a free trial, if available).
Each person can use the music controls to pause, rewind, fast-forward, scrub to a different part of the song, or go to the next track. And anyone on the call can add songs to the shared queue. With iOS 15.4 or later, you can start a FaceTime call in the Music app (or other supported music app) and use SharePlay to share the music in sync with others on the call.
- Open the Apple Music app (or other supported music app), then tap the music you want to share.
- Do one of the following:
- Tap next to the music, then tap SharePlay.
- Tap at the top right, tap, then tap SharePlay.
- In the To field, enter the contacts you want to share with, then tap FaceTime.
- When the FaceTime call connects, tap Start. To begin listening, recipients tap the song title at the top of the FaceTime controls, then tap Open. The music starts playing at the same time for everyone on the call who has access to the content.
Note: People who don’t have access to the content you share are asked to get access. With SharePlay, you can also share your screen to show apps, webpages, and more during the conversation. See, SharePlay also lets you work out with others using Apple Fitness+. See,
How to Watch Netflix on FaceTime: Stream Movies with Friends Do you want to watch streaming movies and TV shows with friends who live far away? If you’re using iOS 15, macOS 12.1, or later, you can use SharePlay to share apps on FaceTime from your iPhone, iPad, or Mac.
- Netflix currently does not support SharePlay, so you cannot stream Netflix over FaceTime.
- You can use Teleparty and other apps to watch Netflix with your friends online.
- If you want to watch something on FaceTime, you can use other streaming apps like Disney+, HBO Max, Hulu, Paramount+, and more.
Unfortunately, Netflix does not support FaceTime. FaceTime uses SharePlay to share streaming apps, but Netflix is not one of those apps. Hopefully, Netflix will join apps like Max, Hulu, and Disney+ in supporting FaceTime so you can stream your favorite Netflix hits with friends. Advertisement
- You can stream movies, TV shows, sports games, and more over FaceTime using several other apps. The following is a list of streaming video, audio, games, social media, and real estate apps that support SharePlay on FaceTime:
- TV, Movies, & Sports
- Apple TV+
- Digital Concert Hall
- NBA: Live Games & Scores
- Pluto TV
- Share+: YouTube on SharePlay
- Music, Podcasts, & Meditation
- Apple Music
- Better Sleep
- Meditation Moments
- Moon FM
- TuneIn Radio
- Unplug: Meditation
- Guessing Game for SharePlay
- Heads Up!
- Kahoot! Play and Create Quizzes
- Other Apps
- Apollo for Reddit
- Apple Fitness
- Piano with Friends
- Popshop Live
- TV, Movies, & Sports
- If the movie or show you want to watch is only available on Netflix, you can use a different platform to stream it. There are a number of,
- ,, Scener,, and MetaStream are web browser extensions that you can install on Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge. Many of these services also offer other streaming platforms, like Hulu and Prime Video.
- is a free app available for Windows, macOS, Android, iPhone, and iPad that lets you stream Netflix, YouTube, and other platforms in sync with friends.
- is another platform you can use to stream Netflix and other platforms with friends, and it has apps for Windows, Android, and iPhone. Unfortunately, you can’t use Hearo if you have a Mac.
- You can even host, which doesn’t require other people to have a subscription to Netflix.
- Some of these apps are free to use, and some require a paid subscription. You can check them out and see which ones work best for you.
- 1 Make sure you have the latest version of iOS. SharePlay was a feature that was introduced with iOS 15. If you have not done so, go ahead and or iPad to the latest version before you get started.
- 2 Start a FaceTime call. If you want to stream something from a subscription service like Hulu, Apple Music, or Disney+, you’ll only be able to do so if everyone on the call also has a subscription to the service. Use the following steps to start a FaceTime call:
- Open the FaceTime App.
- Tap New FaceTime,
- Tap the contact(s) you want to FaceTime with.
- Tap the icon that resembles a video camera next to a contact’s name.
- 3 Swipe up from the bottom of the screen. This will take you to your Home screen while in a FaceTime call.
- If your iPhone or iPad has a Home button below the screen, you can press the Home button to return to your Home screen.
- 4 Open a streaming app that supports SharePlay. Streaming apps that support SharePlay include Apple TV, Disney+, Hulu, Max, STARZ, SHOWTIME, Paramount+, and more. Unfortunately, Netflix does not support SharePlay.
- 5 Select a movie or series to watch. Just tap the movie or series you want to watch over SharePlay. Then tap the option to start playing the video.
- 6 Tap SharePlay, You will most likely see the prompt that says “SharePlay” at the top. Tap this option to start sharing over SharePlay. Everyone in the FaceTime call will have access to the playback controls.
- If you don’t see the SharePlay tab at the top, tap the Share icon. It’s the icon that resembles a box with an arrow pointing up in the upper-right corner. Then tap SharePlay in the Share menu.
Ask a Question Advertisement Written by: wikiHow Technology Writer This article was co-authored by wikiHow staff writer,, Travis Boylls is a Technology Writer and Editor for wikiHow. Travis has experience writing technology-related articles, providing software customer service, and in graphic design.
- Co-authors: 6
- Updated: May 25, 2023
- Views: 65,952
Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 65,952 times. : How to Watch Netflix on FaceTime: Stream Movies with Friends
How to share your screen on an iPhone or iPad. The first thing you’ll need to do is confirm your device is running iOS 15.1 or iPadOS 15.1. If your planned FaceTime screen-sharing session isn’t working or you don’t see a screen-sharing icon, it may be because you haven’t updated your phone or tablet.
4 FAQs about Share My Location Not Working – 1. Why Is My iPhone Not Letting Me Share My Location? If your iPhone is not letting you share your location, you might have disabled the location sharing in the Find My settings or Privacy settings. So, enable the location sharing from both settings to share the location.2.
Why Can’t I See Someone’s Location Even Though They Are Sharing It on iPhone? There’s a good chance that the other iPhone doesn’t have cellular or WiFi service. And it’s possible that your friend or family member has turned off location services in Settings or the other phone isn’t on.3. Why Is Share My Location Not Working Unable to Connect to Server? There can be many reasons; one of the major ones is the location-sharing feature being turned off.
So, enable the location sharing feature to share your location.4. Why Can’t I Share My Location on Find My Friends? You can see whether you’ve enabled “Share My Location” by using the Find My Friends app. Open the app, press your profile picture at the bottom of the screen, and choose “Share My Location” to fix the problem.5.
Why Can’t I Share My Location on iPhone 13? Some possible reasons can be outdated iOS, location services turned off, software glitches, and restrictions on location sharing.6. How to Fix Share My Location Not Working iPhone 12? You can try multiple fixes, such as Turning on location services, Enabling Find My, Restart Find My Friends app, Restart your iPhone, and enabling Share My Location.7.
Why Is My iPhone 11 Not Sharing My Location? Your location might be turned off. Go to Privacy in your iPhone Settings, tap on Location Services, and toggle the switch next to Location Services to turn it on.8. What Does It Mean When an iPhone Is Not Sharing Location But Online? It is possible that your iPhone is not sharing its position online because you have switched off location sharing on your device.