- 1 Can you drink Ole Smoky Moonshine straight?
- 2 What drink is good with moonshine?
- 3 How do you drink flavored moonshine?
- 4 What kind of alcohol is Ole Smoky Moonshine?
- 5 Do you have to refrigerate Ole Smoky Moonshine?
- 6 Do you have to be 21 to go to Ole Smoky?
- 7 What is the best way to serve moonshine?
- 8 What proof is moonshine if it burns blue?
- 9 How many beers is a shot of moonshine?
- 10 How long does it take for moonshine to kick in?
- 11 Is Moonshine stronger than vodka?
- 12 Can I buy Ole Smoky Moonshine?
- 13 What is the best Ole Smoky Moonshine?
- 14 Does moonshine go bad?
Can you drink Ole Smoky Moonshine straight?
Moonshine is often made from corn, although since it’s historically been an unregulated spirit, it can be made from just about anything. It’s a product that’s designed to be drunk clear, and in the case of Ole Smoky Tennessee Moonshine, it’s designed to be drunk straight out of the jar.
What drink is good with moonshine?
Here are the best things to mix with moonshine.
- Coke. Moonshine is whiskey, so the classic combination of whiskey and Coke works whether that whiskey has spent time in a barrel or not.
- Grapefruit Juice. Flavorwise, this is sort of the poor American cousin of the Paloma.
- Ginger Ale.
- Sweet Vermouth.
- Iced Tea.
How do you drink flavored moonshine?
Put a shot of any flavor of moonshine into a highball glass with ice. Then, pour 12 oz (335 mL) of ginger ale into the glass over the ice. Taste the drink to see if it’s acceptable, and add more ginger ale until you reach a suitable taste.
What kind of alcohol is Ole Smoky Moonshine?
Made on the doorstep of the Great Smoky Mountains, Ole Smoky’s line of moonshine liquors are the most widely available in the U.S. This 100-proof corn whiskey is pretty strong, but smooth and pretty far from being the rocket fuel of legend.
Do you have to refrigerate Ole Smoky Moonshine?
You don’t have to refrigerate it, but I do recommend it. It helps it to go down smoother, lol. We keep ours in the freezer. I use th rule of thumb of 80 proof or higher on the shelf and less than 80 is refrigerated, if opened.
Do you have to be 21 to go to Ole Smoky?
No limit. Underage people can enjoy the rocking chairs, merchandise and there’s plenty of jams and such for them to sample.
What is the best way to serve moonshine?
7 Perfect Moonshine Mixers
- Moonshine Mixer: Ginger Ale. Combining moonshine with ginger ale is as close to drinking moonshine neat as you’re going to get.
- Moonshine Mixer: Coke.
- Moonshine Mixer: Grapefruit Juice.
- Moonshine Mixer: Orange Juice.
- Moonshine Mixer: Lemonade.
- Moonshine Mixer: Iced Tea.
- Moonshine Mixer: Other Wine & Spirits.
What proof is moonshine if it burns blue?
At 128 proof, it’s clear, clean and exactly what moonshine should be. Purity and perfection are the name of the game when it comes to Ole Smoky® Blue Flame Moonshine. Evidence of our high quality, high proof moonshine is all in the color of the flame – if it burns blue, it’s true.
How many beers is a shot of moonshine?
Answer Expert Verified 12 * 0.05 = 0.6 fl oz for beer. 0.96 / 0.6 = 1.6 beers. So there is about 1.6 beers worth of alcohol in that one shot of 128 proof moonshine.
How long does it take for moonshine to kick in?
You might be surprised at just how fast alcohol begins to take effect. According to the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, alcohol enters your bloodstream as soon as you take that first sip. The effects kick in within about 10 minutes.
Is Moonshine stronger than vodka?
Physically speaking, there is no real difference between vodka and moonshine. Both are unaged neutral spirits, usually cut with water to increase volume and produce a more drinkable product. The difference is mostly geographic.
Can I buy Ole Smoky Moonshine?
Looking to order Ole Smoky and have it delivered directly to your door? Purchase available Moonshine and Whiskey Flavors via our official partner, Reserve Bar. Pick up a jar of Moonshine or a bottle of Whiskey at a liquor store in your area.
What is the best Ole Smoky Moonshine?
Here are the 4 flavors you have to try at Ole Smoky Moonshine in Gatlinburg TN:
- Mountain Java. Spice up your morning coffee with a dash of this cream liquor!
- White Lightning. White Lightning is not for the faint of heart!
- Moonshine Pickles.
- 5 Things You’ll Love About Eating at Pancake Pantry in Gatlinburg.
Does moonshine go bad?
In short, moonshine, like other plain spirits, does not really go bad. This means moonshine has an indefinite shelf life, unless you are dealing with a flavored option (which can spoil as a result of its high sugar density).