- 1 What goes with blueberry muffins?
- 2 What kind of sugar do you sprinkle on top of muffins?
- 3 What is the best blueberry muffin mix?
- 4 Why are blueberry muffins bad for you?
- 5 What can I serve with muffins?
- 6 Are muffins healthier than donuts?
- 7 How do you get sugar crystals on top of muffins?
- 8 What is turbinado sugar vs brown sugar?
- 9 How do you keep muffin tops crispy?
- 10 How do you sweeten blueberries for muffins?
- 11 How do you get muffins to rise high?
- 12 What are the blueberries in Jiffy Blueberry Muffin Mix?
- 13 What are the healthiest muffins to eat?
- 14 Is it bad to have a blueberry muffin for breakfast?
- 15 Why are muffins so bad for you?
What goes with blueberry muffins?
1. Eat open-faced. Slice those tender muffins in half and slather with warm butter, cream cheese or peanut butter. If you want to get fancy, try them with hazelnut spread, Greek yogurt or cookie butter.
What kind of sugar do you sprinkle on top of muffins?
Sprinkle granulated sugar over the muffin batter for a sweet crust. Measure about 0.25 cups (59 ml) of granulated sugar and use a pinch or 2 for each muffin to create a thin layer. This way, the sugar will bake into the batter and create a delicious, crunchy crust on the muffin tops.
What is the best blueberry muffin mix?
Find out what we thought!
- Honorable Mention: Duncan Hines Simple Mornings Wild Maine Blueberry Muffin Mix.
- Runner-Up: Krusteaz Wild Blueberry Muffin Mix.
- Best in Show: Betty Crocker Wild Blueberry Muffin Mix.
Why are blueberry muffins bad for you?
Reduced fat blueberry muffins are certainly no better—if not worse. With only slightly fewer calories than their regular counterparts, they still contain the same high amount of sugar (almost 40 grams, or 10 teaspoons) and nearly 50 percent more sodium (a whopping 540 milligrams per muffin!).
What can I serve with muffins?
11 Ways to Eat Muffins for Breakfast
- Banana Oat Greek Yogurt Cupcakes. PIN IT. Photo by Natalie Tay.
- Spiced Banana Pear Cupcakes. PIN IT.
- Peanut Butter Banana Cupcakes. PIN IT.
- Frittata Cupcakes. PIN IT.
- Apple Cinnamon Cupcakes. PIN IT.
- Banana Chocolate Chip Cupcakes. PIN IT.
- Blueberry, Oatmeal and Flaxseed Cupcakes. PIN IT.
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Cupcakes. PIN IT.
Are muffins healthier than donuts?
When it comes to calories, carbs, and sugar, there’s a clear winner: doughnuts. The fried rings have 155 fewer calories, half the carbs, and 21 fewer grams of sugar than muffins. Muffins don’t lose out completely, though: They have 1 gram more protein than doughnuts —and half the saturated fat.
How do you get sugar crystals on top of muffins?
Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin pans (using an ice cream or cookie scoop works well), filling each cup about 3/4 full, sprinkle with generous amount of raw sugar and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the muffins are lightly browned on top and a cake tester comes out clean.
What is turbinado sugar vs brown sugar?
The main difference is in how much of it there is in the final product. In the case of turbinado sugar, it provides a yellow tint that is paler than brown sugar. Both sugars have a molasses flavor that has notes of butterscotch or caramel, but turbinado sugar has less molasses so it is milder than that of brown sugar.
How do you keep muffin tops crispy?
Line an airtight container with paper towels and place the muffins on top in a single layer. And don’t forget to add a few saltines to absorb moisture! Place paper towels above the muffins to soak up every bit of moisture. Seal with an airtight lid.
How do you sweeten blueberries for muffins?
Toss them in sugar, honey, or maple syrup, along with a little fresh juice or alcohol (an herbal liqueur, like elderflower spirit, would be great). You don’t need a lot to get the berries rocking; a quarter- to a half-cup of juice or booze, and about double the amount of sugar, is all you need.
How do you get muffins to rise high?
If you put the batter into a warm oven, the muffins may not rise as beautifully. Stir all your dry ingredients together very well with a whisk. The idea is to distribute the leavening agents (baking powder or baking soda) evenly throughout the batter so that the muffins will achieve a lovely texture and a good rise.
What are the blueberries in Jiffy Blueberry Muffin Mix?
`s customer relations department tells us that the blueberries in the mix actually are little bits of apples that are flavored and colored to look and taste like blueberries. Why does Jiffy do this?
What are the healthiest muffins to eat?
Below, our list of 14 healthy muffin recipes that will keep you energized all morning.
- Apricot-Date Seed-uction Muffins.
- Chocolate Muffins.
- Strawberry-Banana Quinoa Muffins.
- Vanilla Bean Blackberry Muffin.
- Cherry Zucchini Muffins.
- Lemon Raspberry Muffins.
- Whole Wheat Carrot Cake Muffins.
- Pineapple Coconut Muffins.
Is it bad to have a blueberry muffin for breakfast?
Muffins may sound like a healthier breakfast option than doughnuts, but the truth is they’re far from it. Case in point: A reduced-fat blueberry muffin from a popular chain clocks in at 410 calories, with 10g fat (2g saturated), 75g carbs, and 39g sugar.
Why are muffins so bad for you?
Muffins have a bad reputation of being very high in calories, fat and sugar. While many store bought muffins carry a hefty amount of calories — typically around 400 or more each, you can easily fit them into a healthy eating plan.