- The emergence of a black moldy area on the surface of the watermelon, such as the one seen in the illustration above, is the most obvious sign that the fruit has gone rotten.
- Some portions of the melon seem mushy
- Occasionally this mushy patch may be caused by injury, but this is the sort of melon that is more prone to decay quickly than the others.
- Cracks on the exterior of a melon might indicate that the fruit is decaying on the inside. If the fruit rots or loses its water content, cracks may appear in the skin.
- A rotting watermelon has a distinct sour odor, but a fresh watermelon has a lovely odor to it. You shouldn’t be concerned if you are unable to distinguish anything from the smell.
The most straightforward method to tell is to look for wet places on the skin as well as patches of greenish-blue, black, or white mold. There is a possibility that the fruit has gone rotten even if the outside appears to be in good condition. The meat should be thrown out if it has visible black stains or is coated with anything slimy or slimy-looking.
How to tell if watermelon is bad?
Watermelon is a refreshing summer treat, but it’s crucial to know when a watermelon is unhealthy for you in order to safeguard your health. In order to determine whether or not your watermelon is rotten, you should look for mildew or a foul odor on the outside of it. In addition, the expiration date can be used to determine if the watermelon is rotten. Method No. 1
What color should watermelon be when it is fresh?
When it is fresh, watermelon should have alternating dark and light green colors on the outside, with a dark pink reddish inside and a dark pink reddish exterior. If the color of the interior appears to be dull, you may want to search for other symptoms as well.
Does watermelon go bad or expire?
Watermelon, like other fruits and the most, if not all, of them, goes rotten. There is a reason why farmers automatically harvest watermelon just when it is at the zenith of its ripeness, rather than any other time. They do this because watermelon is, in fact, one of the fruits that not only goes bad rapidly, but is also one of the fruits that goes bad quickly.