How to Tell if a Watermelon Is Ripe (with Pictures)
- Make use of the thud test. When you beat the rind with your palm, a ripe watermelon should produce a deep hollow sound, akin to that of a knock on the door.
- Check the location of the field.
- Feel the weight of it.
- Take a whiff of the melon.
- Take a look at the tendril.
- Squeeze the flesh with your hands
How can you tell if a melon is ripe?
A melon that is overripe will produce a ‘thud’ sound that is of a lower pitch.It is possible that the distinctions will be difficult to discern the first few times, but the more times you attempt, the easier it will get.Watermelons that are fully ripe weigh a much.Watermelons are mostly composed of water, hence the perfect melon should be disproportionately large in comparison to its size.
What does a ripe watermelon sound like?
It should be possible to hear a wonderful, deep hollow sound from a ripe watermelon, similar to that of a drum or banging on a door. I made a small video to share with you (below). The picture taken with my Powershot D10 doesn’t do it justice, but you get the broad impression.