- 1 How do you make blueberry oatmeal from scratch?
- 2 Do blueberries and cinnamon go together?
- 3 Can I add frozen blueberries to oatmeal?
- 4 Is oatmeal with cinnamon good for you?
- 5 Why is oatmeal not good for breakfast?
- 6 Is oatmeal and berries a healthy breakfast?
- 7 What goes best with blueberries?
- 8 What spices pair well with blueberry?
- 9 What fruits pair well with blueberry?
- 10 How do you thaw frozen berries for oatmeal?
- 11 Are frozen berries healthy?
- 12 What can I do with frozen fruit without a blender?
- 13 What happens if you eat oatmeal every day?
- 14 Is it okay to eat oatmeal everyday?
- 15 What types of cinnamon is healthiest?
How do you make blueberry oatmeal from scratch?
- 1 ⅓ cups water.
- ⅛ teaspoon salt (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon.
- 2 teaspoons mild honey.
- ⅔ cup rolled oats or oatmeal.
- ⅓ cup blueberries.
- ½ teaspoon finely chopped or grated orange zest.
- ½ cup low-fat milk, soy milk, almond beverage or rice beverage.
Do blueberries and cinnamon go together?
Blueberries have two curious flavor allies: cinnamon and lemon. Just a tiny amount—a squeeze of lemon or a pinch of cinnamon —enhances the berries’ own fruity flavor, much the same way vanilla extract complements chocolate.
Can I add frozen blueberries to oatmeal?
Cereal Topper – Throw a few slightly thawed blueberries, raspberries or cherries on your bowl of cereal in the morning. Fruit adds zing to any dry cereal. Oatmeal – Oatmeal is delicious with the addition of frozen fruit. Not only think of berries but also cherries, mango and even peaches.
Is oatmeal with cinnamon good for you?
Is Cinnamon Oatmeal Healthy? Yes! Eating cinnamon and oats in the morning is great a way start to your day. Oatmeal is heart- healthy, rich in carbohydrates to boost your energy for the day.
Why is oatmeal not good for breakfast?
Cons to eating oatmeal. It is a grain, meaning it has all of the anti-nutrient properties that grains do. Includes phytic acid, which has been studied to strip your body from absorbing the vitamins and minerals in the oats. It is a high starch or high carbohydrate food.
Is oatmeal and berries a healthy breakfast?
Why it’s good: Whether they are dried, fresh, or frozen, berries are important sources of fiber, vitamins A and C, and antioxidants, says Kostas. Breakfast: 1/2 cup oatmeal mixed with 2 egg whites, 3/4 milk, and a handful of frozen berries.
What goes best with blueberries?
- Blueberries are a versatile ingredient that pair well with a variety of flavors, cuisines and meals.
- Lemon and mint are common flavor pairings for blueberries, but there are plenty of others that often go overlooked.
- Cheese is another great pairing with blueberries.
What spices pair well with blueberry?
Blueberries + Herbs Blueberry and basil are beautiful together. Other herbs that work well include lavender, mint and rosemary, kicking up the flavor of blueberries while adding a lengthening complexity.
What fruits pair well with blueberry?
Blueberry: Pairs well with other berries, cardamom, cinnamon, citrus, fig, ginger, hazelnut, honey, lavender, lemon, lemon verbena, mango, mint, nutmeg, peach, vanilla, and watermelon. Accent blueberries with berry and orange liqueurs.
How do you thaw frozen berries for oatmeal?
- Place the berries in a microwave-safe bowl and cook for 30 seconds until partially thawed.
- Place the oats and milk in a small saucepan and swirl to combine.
- Cover and cook over medium-low heat until the liquid comes to a simmer.
- Uncover, stir, and continue to cook until most of the liquid has been absorbed.
Are frozen berries healthy?
But research shows that frozen blueberries might have the edge over fresh berries when it comes to health. Studies conducted at the South Dakota State University show that freezing blueberries makes their powerful antioxidants more available to the human body.
What can I do with frozen fruit without a blender?
What to do with frozen fruit, according to two nutrition experts
- Make fruit compote. If you need a sweet topping for things like yogurt and pancakes, use frozen mixed berries to make fruit compote.
- Have them as a snack.
- Add flavor to your water.
- Make ice cream.
- Mix up a vinaigrette.
- Make berry pancakes.
- Make freezer fudge.
What happens if you eat oatmeal every day?
Benefits include lower blood sugar and cholesterol levels, protection against skin irritation and reduced constipation. In addition, they are very filling and have many properties that should make them a weight loss friendly food. At the end of the day, oats are among the healthiest foods you can eat.
Is it okay to eat oatmeal everyday?
NO DIGESTIVE ISSUES: Oats also contain fiber which is great for digestive health. If you have chronic constipation issues, consuming oats every morning will be helpful. One cup of oats contain four grams of fiber. You can include fruits and nuts to increase the fiber value of your breakfast.
What types of cinnamon is healthiest?
Both Ceylon and cassia are healthy and delicious. However, if you intend to consume large amounts of this spice or take a supplement, cassia can be harmful because of the coumarin content. At the end of the day, Ceylon cinnamon is better quality and much safer.