- 1 Where can I pick blueberries in Washington?
- 2 Where can I pick blueberries in Michigan?
- 3 What berries are in season for picking?
- 4 Where can I pick blackberries in Washington?
- 5 Are there wild blueberries in Washington state?
- 6 What months are strawberries in season?
- 7 How long is blueberry picking season in Michigan?
- 8 Are blueberries in season in Michigan?
- 9 Where can I pick tart cherries in Michigan?
- 10 What do you wear to pick blueberries?
- 11 What is the best time to pick blueberries?
- 12 When should I pick raspberries?
- 13 What fruits are available for picking?
- 14 Where can I pick apples in Washington?
- 15 Where can I pick berries in Washington?
Where can I pick blueberries in Washington?
- Clark County. Valley View Blueberries. (360) 892-2839.
- King County. Blue Dot Farm. (360) 825-1623.
- Lewis, Pierce & Thurston County. Eatonville Nursery. 360-832-4345.
- Skagit & Snohomish County. Blueberry Blossom Farm. (360) 568-4713.
- Walla Walla, Yakima & Chelan County. Blueberry Hill Berries.
- Whatcom County. Koskela Blueberry Farm.
Where can I pick blueberries in Michigan?
- 3835 Pier Rd, Benton Harbor, MI 49022. 269-815-3370.
- 2751 140th Ave, Dorr Michigan. 616-896-8296.
- 5256 Belding Rd, Belding, Michigan. 616-896-8296.
- 14650 Leonard Rd.
- 6365 4 Mile Rd, Ada, Michigan.
- 4160 Hyde Park Rd, Muskegon, Michigan 49445.
- 14315 Lake Michigan Dr, West Olive, Michigan 49460.
- 1672 S.
What berries are in season for picking?
Strawberries are usually ready to pick in June and may be harvested for three to four weeks. They are fully ripe when the entire berry is red. Elderberries mature in midsummer, as do most other types of berries. Blackberries, however, are often not ripe until late August and into September.
Where can I pick blackberries in Washington?
Seattle, Washington You can even find wild berries growing throughout the city of Seattle. At Discovery Park, Seward Park and Camp Long, look for the naturalists and ask which berries are ripe and where. The trails at Magnuson Park are also fabulous for blackberry picking.
Are there wild blueberries in Washington state?
One kind of blueberry or another are ripe for picking from late spring to mid summer throughout the meadows and forests of western and eastern Washington. The berries grow most profusely on sunny, south-facing slopes, but you’ll also find some bushes in shady spots.
What months are strawberries in season?
Because of that, and the varied locations where they are grown, the national strawberry season is said to run January through November. In the Deep South, when to harvest strawberries will usually be late April and May. In the middle part of the country, at Eckert’s, May and June are typically best.
How long is blueberry picking season in Michigan?
The strawberries, asparagus and blueberries vary a bit, but as a general rule, expect asparagus in mid-May, strawberries in mid-June and blueberries in late July through August.
Are blueberries in season in Michigan?
Typically, blueberry picking season begins in July and runs through mid August.
Where can I pick tart cherries in Michigan?
Cherry Tip: Tart cherries are traditionally used for cooking, and sweets you should eat out of hand on the drive home.
- Rennie Orchards. 11221 Munroe RD., Williamsburg, 231.264.8387. Pick: Sweet and Tart Cherries.
- Royal Farms Farm Market and Winery. 10445 N.
- Third Coast Fruit Co. 555 Wilson Rd., Traverse City.
What do you wear to pick blueberries?
Wear clothing you don’t mind getting stained and consider long-sleeved shirts and pants, especially if you ‘ll be picking berries on thorny canes. Choose footwear that is comfortable for standing and walking and ones that you don’t mind getting dirty (think old tennis shoes over flip-flops).
What is the best time to pick blueberries?
Blueberries are typically ready for picking between June and August. Don’t rush to pick the berries as soon as they turn blue. Wait a couple days. When they are ready, they should fall off right into your hand.
When should I pick raspberries?
How to Harvest Raspberries. All varieties will begin to produce fruit in their second season. In some cases, ever-bearers may bear small berries in their first autumn. In early summer, berries will ripen over a time of about 2 weeks.
What fruits are available for picking?
California Harvest Calendar
- Beets (aka, Beetroot)
- Peaches and nectarines.
- Peas (Shelled and snap peas)
- Peppers (hot or sweet)
Where can I pick apples in Washington?
7 farms where your family can enjoy apple picking
- Bailey Farm.
- The Farm at Swan’s Trail.
- Jones Creek Farms.
- Bellewood Acres.
- Stutzman Ranch.
- West Valley U- Pick.
Where can I pick berries in Washington?
12 U- pick Washington berry farms to visit this summer
- Courtesy Yelp. Bolles Organic Berry Farm: Monroe — 45 minutes northeast of downtown Seattle.
- Courtesy Yelp. Bill’s Berry Farm: Grandview — 3 hours southeast of downtown Seattle.
- Courtesy Yelp. Biringer Farm: Arlington — 45 minutes north of downtown Seattle.
- Courtesy Blue Dot Farm.
- Courtesy Yelp.