- 1 What fruits are in season in Washington State?
- 2 What is strawberry season Washington?
- 3 Where can I pick blueberries in Washington?
- 4 Are blueberries still in season?
- 5 What grows well in Washington state?
- 6 What grows best in Washington State?
- 7 What months are strawberries in season?
- 8 Where can I pick strawberries in Washington state?
- 9 What month are cherries in season?
- 10 Are there wild blueberries in Washington state?
- 11 Where can I pick blackberries in Washington?
- 12 What fruits are available for picking?
- 13 Which blueberry variety is the sweetest?
- 14 Which country has the best blueberries?
- 15 Which state produces the most blueberries?
What fruits are in season in Washington State?
Washington Seasonal Fruits and Vegetables
- Apples, August through November (cold storage until spring)
- Apricots, June and July.
- Artichokes, September and October.
- Arugula, May through December.
- Asparagus, April through June.
- Basil, June through November.
- Beets, June through January.
- Blackberries, July through September.
What is strawberry season Washington?
June-bearing strawberry season typically peaks in mid-June. However, there are also ever-bearing strawberry varieties that ripen twice, once in early June and again in late summer. Begin calling u-pick strawberry farms mid-April to mid-May for status of the current season, and which varieties they offer for u-pick.
Where can I pick blueberries in Washington?
- Clark County. Valley View Blueberries. (360) 892-2839.
- King County. Blue Dot Farm. (360) 825-1623.
- Lewis, Pierce & Thurston County. Eatonville Nursery. 360-832-4345.
- Skagit & Snohomish County. Blueberry Blossom Farm. (360) 568-4713.
- Walla Walla, Yakima & Chelan County. Blueberry Hill Berries.
- Whatcom County. Koskela Blueberry Farm.
Are blueberries still in season?
You can enjoy fresh blueberries year-round! The North American blueberry season and harvest runs from April to late September. Then, imports from in South America fill the grocery store shelves from October to March.
What grows well in Washington state?
Fall and Winter Vegetable Gardens for Western Washington
- BEANS. Plant Bush beans until late July to produce a good crop before frost.
- BEETS. Beets can be planted until August 1 and produce a dependable crop.
- BROCCOLI. Direct seed until mid-July and transplant until mid-August.
- BRUSSELS SPROUTS.
- CHINESE CABBAGE.
What grows best in Washington State?
The Best Vegetables to Grow in Washington State
- Lettuce and Salad Greens. Lettuce and salad greens fare well in the early part of the growing season in Washington.
- Cruciferous Vegetables. Cruciferous vegetables like cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli and kale are good vegetables for a Washington garden.
- Root Vegetables.
- Warm-Season Crops.
What months are strawberries in season?
Because of that, and the varied locations where they are grown, the national strawberry season is said to run January through November. In the Deep South, when to harvest strawberries will usually be late April and May. In the middle part of the country, at Eckert’s, May and June are typically best.
Where can I pick strawberries in Washington state?
12 U- pick Washington berry farms to visit this summer
- Courtesy Yelp. Bolles Organic Berry Farm: Monroe — 45 minutes northeast of downtown Seattle.
- Courtesy Yelp. Bill’s Berry Farm: Grandview — 3 hours southeast of downtown Seattle.
- Courtesy Yelp. Biringer Farm: Arlington — 45 minutes north of downtown Seattle.
- Courtesy Blue Dot Farm.
- Courtesy Yelp.
What month are cherries in season?
Cherry Season Sweet cherries, including the popular Bing and Rainier varieties, are available from May to August. Sour, or tart cherries have a much shorter growing season, and can be found for a week or two, usually during the middle of June in warmer areas and as late as July and August in colder regions.
Are there wild blueberries in Washington state?
One kind of blueberry or another are ripe for picking from late spring to mid summer throughout the meadows and forests of western and eastern Washington. The berries grow most profusely on sunny, south-facing slopes, but you’ll also find some bushes in shady spots.
Where can I pick blackberries in Washington?
Seattle, Washington You can even find wild berries growing throughout the city of Seattle. At Discovery Park, Seward Park and Camp Long, look for the naturalists and ask which berries are ripe and where. The trails at Magnuson Park are also fabulous for blackberry picking.
What fruits are available for picking?
California Harvest Calendar
- Beets (aka, Beetroot)
- Peaches and nectarines.
- Peas (Shelled and snap peas)
- Peppers (hot or sweet)
Which blueberry variety is the sweetest?
Powder Blue (Zones 6-9) This is a rabbiteye type is regarded as sweeter than other varieties, with harvests later in the season than you’ll find with other cultivars.
Which country has the best blueberries?
Top Blueberry Growing Countries In The World
|Rank||Country||Tons of Blueberries Produced|
Which state produces the most blueberries?
Most Blueberries Come from These 10 States: Washington – The highest blueberry producing state, with just over 96 million pounds in 2016. Georgia – Not long ago, Georgia only grew about 3,500 acres, but today the state is producing over 20,000 acres.