- 1 Who originally sang on Blueberry Hill?
- 2 What song is Fats Domino famous for?
- 3 What year did Fats Domino record Blueberry Hill?
- 4 Is Blueberry Hill a real place?
- 5 Who sang Blueberry Hill in 1958?
- 6 Is Blueberry Hill a jazz?
- 7 How old is Fats Domino now?
- 8 What was Fats Domino’s biggest hits?
- 9 What time signature is Blueberry Hill?
- 10 What album is Blueberry Hill on?
- 11 When did Blueberry Hill Open?
Who originally sang on Blueberry Hill?
Blueberry Hill was written in 1940 by Al Lewis, Larry Stock and Vincent Rose. It was sung by Gene Autry in a 1941 movie The Singing Hill. It was a best-selling record by Glenn Miller and his Orchestra with the vocal by Ray Eberle.
What song is Fats Domino famous for?
“Blueberry Hill” (1956), his most popular recording, was one of several rock-and-roll adaptations of standard songs. The piano-oriented Domino -Bartholomew style was modified somewhat in hits such as “I’m Walkin’” (1957) and “Walking to New Orleans” (1960).
What year did Fats Domino record Blueberry Hill?
” Blueberry Hill ” (1956) “ Blueberry Hill ” was first recorded in 1940 by several artists, including Gene Autry and Glenn Miller. But Domino drew on the 1949 Louis Armstrong version when he had run out of material at a session.
Is Blueberry Hill a real place?
Blueberry Hill (Alaska), the northernmost point of the coastal Pacific temperate rain forest located in Valdez, Alaska.
Who sang Blueberry Hill in 1958?
Blueberry Hill (song)
|Single by Fats Domino|
|Lyricist(s)||Larry Stock Al Lewis|
Is Blueberry Hill a jazz?
The original version of the song was performed by actor and country star Gene Autry in the film The Singing Hill. However, in 1940, many jazz bands covered it; it was, in fact, The Glenn Miller Orchestra’s biggest hit that year. Domino’s version was a hit and turned “ Blueberry Hill ” into a rock-and-roll standard.
How old is Fats Domino now?
Domino died on October 24, 2017, at his home in Harvey, Louisiana, at the age of 89, from natural causes, according to the coroner’s office. On June 25, 2019, The New York Times Magazine listed Fats Domino among hundreds of artists whose material was reportedly destroyed in the 2008 Universal fire.
What was Fats Domino’s biggest hits?
The 10 Biggest Fats Domino Songs, Ever
- ” Blueberry Hill ” (#2 Pop, #1 R&B, 9/56)
- “I’m in Love Again” (#3 Pop, #1 R&B, 3/56)
- “I’m Walkin'” (#4 Pop, #1 R&B, 2/57)
- “Blue Monday” (#5 Pop, #1 R&B, 12/56)
- “Walking to New Orleans” (#6 Pop; #2 R&B, 6/60)
- “Whole Lotta Loving” (#6 Pop, #2 R&B, 10/58)
What time signature is Blueberry Hill?
Blueberry Hill is played at 136 Beats Per Minute (Allegro), or 45 Measures/Bars Per Minute. Time Signature: 3/4.
What album is Blueberry Hill on?
Other Versions (5 of 58)View All
|Blueberry Hill (Vinyl, LP, Album )||Fontana||Unknown|
|Attention! Fats Domino! (Vinyl, LP, Album, Stereo)||Fontana||Unknown|
|Blueberry Hill (Vinyl, LP, Album, Reissue)||Pickwick, Pickwick/33 Records||Unknown|
|Live In Las Vegas (Vinyl, LP, Album, Reissue)||Philips||Unknown|
When did Blueberry Hill Open?
From the day Blueberry Hill opened (1972), owner Joe Edwards knew he had to work on revitalizing the neighborhood. His creative vision, risk-taking, and civic leadership have helped transform The Loop into one of the most vibrant districts in the United States.