- 1 Are blueberry muffins healthy?
- 2 What goes with blueberry muffins for breakfast?
- 3 How can I improve my muffins?
- 4 How do you sweeten blueberries for muffins?
- 5 Is it bad to have a blueberry muffin for breakfast?
- 6 What are the healthiest muffins to eat?
- 7 Is a muffin a good breakfast?
- 8 Can frozen blueberries be used in muffins?
- 9 How do you store blueberry muffins overnight?
- 10 What is the secret to making moist muffins?
- 11 What happens if you add an extra egg to muffins?
- 12 How do I make my muffins Fluffy?
- 13 How do you keep blueberries from sinking in muffins?
- 14 What is the best blueberry muffin mix?
- 15 Is it better to bake with fresh or frozen blueberries?
Are blueberry muffins healthy?
Perhaps the healthiest thing about these muffins is the fat—19 grams worth, largely from soybean oil—a heart- healthy source. (Only one of the three national chains reviewed used butter as a fat source in its muffins.) Reduced fat blueberry muffins are certainly no better—if not worse.
What goes with blueberry muffins for breakfast?
Here are our favorite muffin hacks to try.
- Eat open-faced. Slice those tender muffins in half and slather with warm butter, cream cheese or peanut butter.
- Saute in butter.
- Turn ’em inside out!
- Top with sauce.
- Dip and toast (French toast, that is)
- Master new appetizers.
- Serve with ice cream.
- Broil up some s’mores.
How can I improve my muffins?
But here are a few of my favorites:
- Add fresh or frozen berries! Your berry muffin mix will definitely have some berries included, but the more the berrier.
- add zest! Zest a lemon, an orange, or a lime and stir the zest into the batter for a burst of citrus.
- fill with cream cheese!
- fill with jam or fruit curd!
How do you sweeten blueberries for muffins?
Toss them in sugar, honey, or maple syrup, along with a little fresh juice or alcohol (an herbal liqueur, like elderflower spirit, would be great). You don’t need a lot to get the berries rocking; a quarter- to a half-cup of juice or booze, and about double the amount of sugar, is all you need.
Is it bad to have a blueberry muffin for breakfast?
Muffins may sound like a healthier breakfast option than doughnuts, but the truth is they’re far from it. Case in point: A reduced-fat blueberry muffin from a popular chain clocks in at 410 calories, with 10g fat (2g saturated), 75g carbs, and 39g sugar.
What are the healthiest muffins to eat?
Below, our list of 14 healthy muffin recipes that will keep you energized all morning.
- Apricot-Date Seed-uction Muffins.
- Chocolate Muffins.
- Strawberry-Banana Quinoa Muffins.
- Vanilla Bean Blackberry Muffin.
- Cherry Zucchini Muffins.
- Lemon Raspberry Muffins.
- Whole Wheat Carrot Cake Muffins.
- Pineapple Coconut Muffins.
Is a muffin a good breakfast?
Yet, muffins can be a healthy breakfast option if you make them at home yourself. “Look for recipes with protein-rich ingredients, like whole eggs or egg whites, Greek yogurt, oats, almond flour, or protein powder, and fiber-rich ingredients, like oats, flaxseed, coconut flour, and whole-wheat flour,” says Martin.
Can frozen blueberries be used in muffins?
Can you make Blueberry Muffins With Frozen Blueberries? Yes you can! While you can use fresh blueberries in this recipe, frozen blueberries also work well. Toss frozen blueberries in some flour to coat and prevent sticking and sinking to the bottom of the muffins.
How do you store blueberry muffins overnight?
To store muffins up to 4 days, line an airtight container or zip-lock bag with paper towel and store the muffins in a single layer. Place another layer of paper towel on top of the muffins as well. They can be stored in a container without paper towel, but are more likely to become soggy the longer they’re in there.
What is the secret to making moist muffins?
Why muffins come out dry and crumbly The main cause of dry, hard muffins is over-mixing the batter and overcooking the muffins. So the the 3 simple secrets for beautifully soft and moist blueberry muffins are: use butter AND oil -butter makes things tasty but oil makes things moist. So use both!
What happens if you add an extra egg to muffins?
Because emulsifiers hold water and fat together, adding extra egg yolks to the batter enables the batter to hold extra liquid and, consequently, extra sugar.
How do I make my muffins Fluffy?
Having eggs, butter, and milk at room temperature helps them form a smooth mixture that traps air and expands when heated in the oven. That expansion makes your muffins fluffy and light.
How do you keep blueberries from sinking in muffins?
Another and far more effective method, to prevent sunken berries is to spoon a third of the batter into the muffin trays and then fold the berries into the remaining muffin batter. Spoon this on top of the berry-less batter. Try this method and you will no longer have muffins with soggy bottoms.
What is the best blueberry muffin mix?
Find out what we thought!
- Honorable Mention: Duncan Hines Simple Mornings Wild Maine Blueberry Muffin Mix.
- Runner-Up: Krusteaz Wild Blueberry Muffin Mix.
- Best in Show: Betty Crocker Wild Blueberry Muffin Mix.
Is it better to bake with fresh or frozen blueberries?
Frozen blueberries can be preferential in baking because they help prevent sinking and are less likely to burst during cook-time. If you are cooking with blueberries, you can almost always replace fresh with frozen.